Even under the best operating conditions, the users can face several problems with fuels, from storage to combustion, including dust nuisance, carbon rejection in ash and fly ash, fouling and slagging of furnace and formation of clinker.
Thermomix/Economix range of fireside treatment products from Thermax Chemicals contain dust suppressants, combustion catalysts; slag modifiers and corrosion inhibitors that help improve overall combustion and system performance.
Post Combustion Deposit and Corrosion Control
Impurities in fuel can cause post combustion deposit and metal surface corrosion. Many organo-inorganic combinations are effective in controlling combustion fouling and corrosion. The most severe problems are generally found in equipment and systems where fuels significantly deviate in composition from the designed fuel conditions.
Fireside fouling of combustion equipment is caused by the deposition of fuel ash components. The combustion of high ash oils produce deposition on the heat transfer surfaces. The most troublesome oil ashes are those, which contain a vanadium/sodium ratio less than 10:1. Fuels with low Vanadium Sodium ratio produce Tenacious deposits on the Heat Transfer surfaces. Vanadium reacts with oxygen to form various oxides in furnace.Â¬â€ When formed vanadium pentoxide condenses within the furnaces when gas temperatures approach its solidification point. Sodium also reacts with oxygen and sulphur trioxide to form fouling compounds, especially Sodium sulphate. Nickel can also contribute to deposition by forming oxides. Aluminium can be present in the oil in the form of fines carried in from the catalysts of the catalytic cracking process.
Deposit Modifier â€“ Thermomix /Economix
The formation of SO3 takes place during combustion and continues after combustion due to catalytic action of deposits on boiler surfaces such as Vanadium and Iron. The deposit modifier poisons these catalysts reducing secondary formation of SO3. Magnesium is commonly used poison for Vanadium and Iron catalyst. Such modifiers are either added as part of fuel additive or are injected in furnace.
FIRE SIDE CLEANING COMPOUNDS
THERMOMIX / ECONOMIX : FIRE SIDE CLEANING COMPOUNDS :
- Thermomix â€“ BG
- Thermomix â€“ C
- Coalmix & Biomix
- THERMOSOL â€“ V
- Slag modifier, corrostion inhibitor for baggasse and heavy oil applications
- Slag conditioner, combustion improver for coal fired equipment
- FIRE SIDE TREATMENT CHEMICAL
- Fire Side Treatment for Solid Fuels
- FIRE SIDE TREATMENT CHEMICAL-Coal Additive
- Complete removal of fireside deposits & corrosion inhibitors for heavy fuel oil firedunits
- REFINERY CHEMICALS
- Reduces slag formation caused by low melting ash in furnaces and prevents itsaccumulation on heating surfaces, Prevents corrosion of refracttory and metal.
- Speeds up the cp,bistopm [rpcess. Chemically and physically prevents slag formation oncoal bed.
- BIOMIX is a multi-component biomass additivein powder form. It comprise of slag modifier andcorrosion inhibitor.
- COALMIX reduces the destructive effect of molten ash on refractory.
- Chemical formulation containing dispersants & corrosion inhibitors. Free flowing powder,non-toxic and safe to handle.
- OVERHEAD CORROSION INHIBITOR FOR DISTILLATION UNITSOF PETROLEUM REFINERY Refineries have to combatcorrodants like H S, HCl, Naphthenic acid, etc.